8/31/10

Things are cha cha changing

uh...who decided September was going to be right after July?

I sure didn't sign up for a short summer. But we still were forced to say our goodbyes this weekend. What gives? You used to be cool summer. Now it's all you have to be "grown up" and not sit around in your swim suite with a popsicle mustache.

Man...I would kill to have a popsicle mustache right now.

Things are changing.

I don't mean the kind of change where you have to awkwardly tell me I need to start wearing deodorant and a bra and to start shaving my mustache. 

The kind where someone handed me an official golden badge to be an adult and go forth into the world trying to not make a huge fool of myself. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna prove that someone wrong and make a huge spectacle of myself. Mark my words, I will. You'll be the first to know {After Brentonio...and my mom}

Last Monday I was offered a job. 
Yesterday I started.  

I'm a designer, and I'm designing for a marketing company.

I'm pretty stoked and scared and a million other emotions wrapped into a ball that seems to be stuck at the bottom of my gut. 

Brentonio is beyond thrilled. I told him the big news and instead of smoking a cigar like any other proud papa he went and bought himself a Nixon watch at the pawn shop. ha. It was a steal, I'll admit it. 

I thought when my internship ended I would have a break before I landed a gig. I was excited to do nothing. Lazy? Yes. 

But I'm even more ecstatic to be working full time.

To celebrate and say farewell to the summer I am angry at for leaving we went to Park City. 


We ate, shopped, ate, shopped, ate, saw a concert and ate.

We did back to school/work shopping. I scored a shirt for .97! Yeah.

We later rode the mini gondola at Canyons up to the free concert. 
It was some old dude who sounded like Tom Petty. I dug it.  


 Brentonio is pointing out in the picture above that he only got 3 items of clothing. pfff I don't even care cause he got 2...yeah 2 Nixon watches from the pawn shop. 
So you are just as much of girl as I am Brentonio.

Though it is not cool of summer to leave so soon, I do forgive.
Especially when I saw these fellas this weekend. 

I wish I could strap on my board and have a popsicle mustache all day. I know you are all thinking wake boarding but I only want snowboarding, thankyouverymuch.

This season is coming. I'm excited to buy a pass....which will be a night pass because of my new gig.

I'm a working girl with a grown up badge to prove it and I'm ready to go boarding. So is Brentonio. 

No comments: