8/2/10

This one is for Brentonio

I never really thought dogs hated mailmen. I thought it was something made up in cartoons.

It's a for real rivalry.

Last week Brentonio's family dog was run over by the mailman.
Chestnut ran out into the road and the dumb mailman ran him over.

Now, we all know it was mistake and the mailman feels absolutely terrible about it. {he better. or else.} But the next time that guy brings a package, it better be good. I'm talkin 'filled with puppies that poop gold' kinda good.

My Brentonio loved his Chestnut. And even though he had smelly breath and would stare at me when I ate, I liked him too. 

This dog never barked. 
Even when the boys did the annual dog toss into the first snow of the winter or when he walked into the room when I was mid-change of clothes. 
{Either he was a perv or was just speechless.... I usually am at a loss of words too when I look into a mirror after a weekend of chocolate and cafe rio}  

He was even a good sport about humoring the family. 
{No way would I put this on for my family}
  









 This dog was good at sitting like a human on the couch and keeping the toes warm. 
He even made sure I woke up to morning dog kisses one time. 

We're going to miss our Chestnut and his smelly breath. 

1 comment:

Blake and Kathryn said...

What a terribly sad thing to happen you guys! Losing a dog is really one of the worst experiences and my heart hurts foor you!! :o( I loved this post though...such a cute dog in his hot dog outfit! :o)