7/19/10

Pyro? Yes. I think thats what you call it.

I am easily mesmerized. 

Or it just may be I have a little extra time on my hands now that school is over. {for me anyways}


Way back {cause it was sooo long ago} when Brentonio and I got married, my lovely sister-in-law put candles all over our apartment for us to come home to. 
{It is also because of her we now have a fire distinguisher} 

That first week we were married was the last time I used candles. {I conformed to sensty.. don't judge me. I shouldn't be allowed to be near matches}

Well these beauties have been sitting under our sink for over a year. Ya know, in case there was a mega-huge-crap-your-pants natural disaster and there was no power and we couldn't see a thing. I would have candles. Candles? pffff that's SO pioneer. You guys, we live in times of flash lights and cell phones to light our way. 

I decided if things get so bad I can't use either of those I will keep matches somewhere easy to find. 

It may be my mother in me but I have this...this...itch I guess you can call it. I hate having too much stuff...I..must...throw..away useless stuff. Or stuff that's just stuff and nothing else. Like nick nacks. What purpose do those serve? 

{Ok I will admit I have like 2 or 3 only because they were gifts and I feel super bad throwing it away.}

This summer has been a rampage to get rid of the drawer of lotions I never use and the body sprays I hardly squirt and the junk drawer that is full of keychains, notepads, balloons, pens, pens, and pens. 

Maybe it's OCD?

All I know is one day I ran across the show Hoarders... and my jaw was just on the floor. No way do I want to be that disgusting. 

So my rampage began. 

I am down to one bottle of lotion and two body sprays.

Then came the candles. I couldn't throw them away..they were still usable. So one night I lit a couple up. Well I walked away and got distracted with my friend Mac and forgot that I had open flame in my kitchen. Hours later I heard popping. Crap. I thought for sure my wooden table was on fire or something. Nah..

I found this:


 Beautiful, right? I decided to not mess with it and let it naturally form. 

I still had several candles left...so...I added them to it. 


I ooggled at this for an hour. Ya I'm a loser. So is Brentonio, cause he was sitting right next to me staring. 

We know how to party.

We kept throwing matches in the candles to make them burn faster.

Pyro? Yes. I think thats what you call it.


We had two candles left. Brentonio said 'burn em! burn em! burn em!'

So we did.


I may have singed my hair on these two.




It got way out of contol and took over our table. I'm lazy and left it there for over a week. I was kind of afraid of what my table looked like underneath. 




We finally broke down and peeled it off. 

I may be weird but I think it turned out pretty cool.

And our table wasn't harmed.

AND I no longer have a bag of candles under my sink. 


3 comments:

Blake and Kathryn said...

How cool is that!?! I'm so glad you seized the moment and saw the fun opportunity in front of you...what a fun memory!! Also, I'm just like you and throw away EVERYTHING. Blake says it most definetly IS OCD...and says that now I have met my match :o) What fun pictures too!

Tom and B said...

I totally think you could start a new art form. This can be the arts slogan:

"Do you like to burn crap? Then try candle waxing! It's a lot funner than it sounds."

Hannah Demke said...

wow that is art, it was so cool to see the progressive pictures of what it looked like, and I am glad that your beautiful table was unharmed