8/16/10

ello ello

Meet Angela:


She lives in England and makes killer curry rolls.

My Brentonio served a mission in England.

That's how he met Angela. She's a convert who likes to cook and Brent likes food. So it was only natural for them to be friends, right?

She came over and stayed with us for a few days.
I think she was oober excited because she talked our ears off the whole time.

{that'd be gross if she really did, what kind of saying is that anyway.}

She made us food while she was here. 
{yeah, she cooked for us and did our dishes. We are awesome at hosting. You should come stay with us sometime, I'll make you do my laundry. It'll be such a party!}

Her first day here we took her hiking to donut falls. It's one of our favorite hikes because it's easy and it's where Brentonio asked me to marry him. {That's a story for a another day}

On our way up we ran into this fella:

He was happy to see us.
He probably would have been happier if we gave him a back scratch but I bruise like a peach. So we gave him high fives from afar.


Angela doesn't have hikes like this in England. 
They just have hills. 

She was very sore the next day.


She wanted to see the SLC Temple and conference center.

So we did the tourist tour. I debated if I should start talking like Angela and pretend like I'd never been to America before. Before I could form my plan somebody asked me where I was from and I drew a blank and just spat out Salt Lake.

But I'm with a lady from England soooo.. I'm still pretty cool.


Her last night with us I asked her if she wanted to make a fire and eat s'mores. 

"ah, wat es thaat?" {read with british accent}

You guys, I thought everyone in the universe knew what a s'more was by now.

Nope.

We introduced her to the real America. 
And stuffed our faces.

Angela gave us quite the experience. It was good to realize how grateful we are for where we live and that we don't have a kid to entertain all the time. 

This is what I won't forget about Angela:
• seaweed in luggage
• cooking with chili powder
• watching princess and the frog
• her lisp
• watching her rub watermelon rinds on her face
• red mango in the park
• Ruth's Diner steak
• virgin s'more eater

Soon it'll be our turn to couch surf through England.
Right Brentonio?

1 comment:

Liv said...

Y'know, I've never seen a moose in Maine, where they're the state animal or whatever, but I've seen loads of moose in Utah.

What's that all about?