8/18/10

Piece of cake! {sounds good right now}

Another hike conquered. 

Remember the coupons I made for my Fatha?
He uses them.

On saturday he turned in one of the hike coupons for Mt. Olympus. 
He's been waiting to do this one for awhile.

We got up early saturday and trekked up the mountain side.
My dad is 62, and quite the trooper.

Mt. Olympus is brutiful. 
I could sit on the top for hours as long as I didn't have to hike down.

It took us ten hours. shutup. 
My Fatha really paced himself, which I'm glad because I didn't want that guy to kill over on my watch.  

{I may have posed for this picture}


This fella has survived diabetes, a heart attack, several heart surgeries, and shoulder surgeries.

And he made it to the top of My. Olympus. 

This butterfly must have been as impressed with him as I am.

My favorite men. 


When we got to the top there were mt. goats hoppin along the rocks. We sat and watched them, amazed at how easy it is for them and how friggin hard it is for us. stupid goats.
I forgot to snap a picture of them because I'm awesome like that. 


On the very tippity top there is a mailbox with several notebooks to sign your name or write some lame thing like "this was harder than child birth" or "this is in honor of my fat husband"

Brentonio wrote this:
"Piece of cake! {sounds good right now}"

ha.


I'd do it again. 
As long as I have a parachute to jump off the mountain when I get to the top. Or maybe I'll ride one of those goats down. 

Either way.

Now we are one more hike closer to being ready for Havasupai.

{Have a soo pie.... sounds like it'll be some delicious dessert. Hopefully the indians down there serve us some kind of pie... that'd be nice.}  


Hiking is a lot of sweaty fun. The kind you rub dirt around your ankles and gimp around two days after. 

2 comments:

Hannah Demke said...

yay for uncle steve I think your dad is amazing. sounds like you guys had alot of fun!

Danielle said...

You did it! your awesome! can't wait for soop ie!