9/24/10

She's here.


The painting I bought was delivered a couple weeks ago. 
well...actually she came a month or two ago. 

When it comes to art I am picky.

The artist made changes I requested and now the piece, Daphne, is perfect.

I love her, she's gorgeous.


I have a reason for buying this particular piece of art.

Last summer I spent many days with my grammy who had Alzheimer's. When she passed away because of it, each grandchild was left with some money. 

I did not want it to all go towards bills and boring, responsible things. So I reserved a chunk of it to buy something...something that wouldn't loose it's meaning.

When I walked into this artist's booth at the art festival this year I knew this was THE piece. 

Her series of tree paintings consists of all the seasons. This one is Daphne in Autumn. 

The season I had to grow up and move on. 

I learned a lot about myself last year. And when I look at this painting it reminds me that I can be a strong, confident, and grounded lady. 

Thanks to Norma, I now have an amazing piece of art work that will always remind me of her.

Now I just need to find a place to hang it... 

3 comments:

MOM said...

It is beautiful Tessa and what a great story and insight to the fact that i always knew...you are an amazing young women.
Deena

Blake and Kathryn said...

Beautiful! I love the meaning it holds for you too...you truly are amazing :o)

Tom and B said...

So beautiful! It turned out perfect!