October 3rd
Fall has officially started.
It's one of my favorite times of the year.
My other favorites are winter, spring and summer.
Yes. I like them all.
The same goes for color too. I love each and every color. Even poop green/brown, if it's used right it's beautiful. Trust me on that one.
One of my other favorites? Brentonio.
He's the best.
He's so good I could spread him like cheese on a cracker and eat him for dinner. But I wont cause that's crazy talk.
Whenever it is October 3rd I think about how much I love that fella. Oh, I know you are rolling your eyes thinking "uh.. I don't want to read about mooshy garbage". It's not garbage, I promise. This is an engagement story.
Get comfy, cause this is a good one.
Let's rewind to October 3, 2008.
Me: Living in Ogden, going to school full time, and driving to wvc every weekend to be with my Brentonio.
Brentonio: Working landscaping and at CED and going to school full time.
October 3rd was our fall break. We decided to hike on our day off.
Brent picked Doughnut falls. I complained.
"That hike has been done. I've been there a million times with girls scouts and young women's and on a date. Let's go on a new trail."
Brent threw a fit. "I've....never done that hike before! PLEASE", he said. Fine.
The mountains this time of year are gorgeous. Fall colors take my breath away every year. I suggest when you finish reading this post you get off your butt and take a drive up your nearest canyon.
When we pulled up to the trailhead the trees were bright yellow, orange, green and red. I love.
We took our time on the trail because it's short and it was an amazing day. At one point Brent ran ahead of me and yelled really loud something I don't remember. It was funny and made no sense.
{keep reading it'll make sense soon}
We got to the top of the hike and it went like this:
Doughnut Falls is pretty stellar and short and easy. Sometimes you may even run into one of these guys.
On our way down there was a part of the trail where you walk next to the shallow stream. I looked up and saw a little table with sunflowers {my favorite},a little breakfast, and two chairs all set up.
I turned to my Brentonio and said "oh look how cute some fella made a breakfast picnic for his lady. I wonder where they are?"
Brentonio: "This is for you, babe."
Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?

{Some random person took this picture for us. Thank you Random stranger}
I'm not the kind of lady people {fellas} do romantic things for. I tend to ruin moments. Wether it's laughing, saying awkward things or farting.
I'm the buzz-kill.
You can call me Mrs. Buzzkillington and I wouldn't correct you.
It was surreal sitting there. This is the kind of scene you put in movies. I knew what was coming too. We'd been talking, I just didn't know he was going to ask so soon.
He proposed.
It went like this:
"Tessa. Let's stop this insanity, I want to be with you for eternity. So join me in in holy matrimony, will you marry me?"
ha.
HAHAHAHAHA.
Some girls cry and squeal at this moment. I laughed.
"For real?"
Brentonio: "Yeah I just made that poem up a few minutes ago, genius right?" Pure Genius.
Then he pulled out the ring. That's when I got excited and busted out my buzz killington skills and knocked over the juice ALL over the table. I hurry and said yes and told him there were no take backs.
{notice the juice spill everywhere}
Brentonio won a million points this day. His brothers won some too. They set up the table while we were at the top of the hike. Turns out they were ahead of us on the trail and Brentonio hurry and ran ahead and yelled so they knew we were coming.
They also watched us from the bushes the whole time while we ate and made fools of our selves. Creepers.
This is was my favorite day. Fall is my favorite season and Brentonio is my favorite fella.
Get comfy, cause this is a good one.
Let's rewind to October 3, 2008.
Me: Living in Ogden, going to school full time, and driving to wvc every weekend to be with my Brentonio.
Brentonio: Working landscaping and at CED and going to school full time.
October 3rd was our fall break. We decided to hike on our day off.
Brent picked Doughnut falls. I complained.
"That hike has been done. I've been there a million times with girls scouts and young women's and on a date. Let's go on a new trail."
Brent threw a fit. "I've....never done that hike before! PLEASE", he said. Fine.
The mountains this time of year are gorgeous. Fall colors take my breath away every year. I suggest when you finish reading this post you get off your butt and take a drive up your nearest canyon.
When we pulled up to the trailhead the trees were bright yellow, orange, green and red. I love.
We took our time on the trail because it's short and it was an amazing day. At one point Brent ran ahead of me and yelled really loud something I don't remember. It was funny and made no sense.
{keep reading it'll make sense soon}
We got to the top of the hike and it went like this:
Doughnut Falls is pretty stellar and short and easy. Sometimes you may even run into one of these guys.
On our way down there was a part of the trail where you walk next to the shallow stream. I looked up and saw a little table with sunflowers {my favorite},a little breakfast, and two chairs all set up.
I turned to my Brentonio and said "oh look how cute some fella made a breakfast picnic for his lady. I wonder where they are?"
Brentonio: "This is for you, babe."
Whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut?
{Some random person took this picture for us. Thank you Random stranger}
I'm not the kind of lady people {fellas} do romantic things for. I tend to ruin moments. Wether it's laughing, saying awkward things or farting.
I'm the buzz-kill.
You can call me Mrs. Buzzkillington and I wouldn't correct you.
It was surreal sitting there. This is the kind of scene you put in movies. I knew what was coming too. We'd been talking, I just didn't know he was going to ask so soon.
He proposed.
It went like this:
"Tessa. Let's stop this insanity, I want to be with you for eternity. So join me in in holy matrimony, will you marry me?"
ha.
HAHAHAHAHA.
Some girls cry and squeal at this moment. I laughed.
"For real?"
Brentonio: "Yeah I just made that poem up a few minutes ago, genius right?" Pure Genius.
Then he pulled out the ring. That's when I got excited and busted out my buzz killington skills and knocked over the juice ALL over the table. I hurry and said yes and told him there were no take backs.
{notice the juice spill everywhere}
Brentonio won a million points this day. His brothers won some too. They set up the table while we were at the top of the hike. Turns out they were ahead of us on the trail and Brentonio hurry and ran ahead and yelled so they knew we were coming.
They also watched us from the bushes the whole time while we ate and made fools of our selves. Creepers.
This is was my favorite day. Fall is my favorite season and Brentonio is my favorite fella.
2 comments:
That was a super story. Thanks for sharing, I am mushy and almost cried!
I didn't realize you got engaged that day. Tom proposed to me on my birthday, a day before brent proposed to you. So, moral of the story, we're cooler than you.
Post a Comment