To celebrate the awesomeness of this month we went up to Oktoberfest with our neighbor Sarah. Sarah is cool, she knits and makes good zucchini bread. If you ever want to feel like you kind of are in Germany, you should go to this.
We ate bratwursts and listened to polka.
What I love about Oktoberfest:
• The fall colors at Snowbird are incredible.
• People wear suspenders and nobody thinks twice about it.
• The guy walking around with the huge horn like you see on the Ricola comercials.
• The happy atmosphere. (Maybe it's because everyone is drunk? It's still a good laugh).
• Valet parking ( we were too lazy to fight that battle. ha.)
• The yo yo man.
This yo-yo man is not just a guy who walks the dog, he freakin does sick tricks. He' a world champ apparently.
Lookit. He's yo-yoing while juggling.
Then he busted out the paddle ball.
The best part is he has little stories to go with each trick. He even has one where he's yo-yoing with both hands, singing, and dancing.
Whuuut.
After about 15 minutes of our jaws on the floor. Brentonio leaned over to me and whispered:
"I wish he was my grandpa"
Me too Brentonio ...me too.
After the old guy was done, his friend, who had also won the world champ, came out to throw down his mad yo-yoing skills too.
I.was.blown.away.
His yo-yo has a counter weight and isn't even connected to his fingers.
It was pretty hardcore. It made me want to bust out my old yo-yo from 5th grade and see if I could even walk the dog anymore.
nope.
These guys have talent that I am jealous of.
Too bad Oktoberfest is over and you can't go see for yourself. Next year mark it on your calendar.
The brawts, the fall colors, and the yo-yoing..oh the yo-yoing.. it's worth the trip.


No comments:
Post a Comment