10/26/10

slippery buggers

Camping season is coming to an end.
I am sad. I feel like we didn't do enough. Maybe we'll still camp in the snow. Brentonio might veto that idea.

A couple weeks ago we jumped on what might be our last one of the year.

The men in my family hunt. Mostly every year.

Brentonio has never been hunting.

I've been a few times but have no desire to murder an animal. I like to eat the meat but I don't ever want to be the butcher.

The only thing I really enjoy about hunting is the camping. So Brentonio and I met up with my Fatha and brother to camp with them while they hunted.

Murdock Basin is in the Uintas.

Me likee the Uintas. It's huge and gorgeous and you could go camping there every weekend and always find a new spot. That may be our goal for next warm season.


We four wheeled all over looking for elk and my brother who was trudging it by foot.

I have no idea why but for some reason this years fall colors have been my favorite thing. Even above hot chocolate and thats sayin a lot cause I'm a hotchocahalic.


Any time I hang with the fatha somewhere in the conversation he his doing this and educating you on something. {always with out fail}


This guy makes everything fun. {always without fail} I could go camping with him anytime of the year {as long as he doesn't eat anything fibrous}


We fished.
I can't remember which lake...all I can remember is that it's by echo.


Brentonio call several fish.

By hand.

Bare hand.

Like on-his-knees-elbow-deep-in-the-water bare hand.

When we got to the lake he ran off to tinkle and I ran off on the wheeler to find something I had lost. My dad said the next thing he heard was Brentonio splashin around like he was a bear during salmon season {spawing season? I don't know what the correct term is for that but just go with it}

When I came back to him it was like I had married a 7 year old who just discovered he could catch frogs.


This one was out of control. Brentonio was flippin these guys all over the place as if we were at Benihahas and I had ordered a side dish of slippery buggers and the chef decided to toss it at me to catch in my mouth. gross.


Brentonio is my favorite mountain man. He even has the beard and plaid shirt to prove it.

I also had my share of catching fish. Only the wussy way, with a pole.

I didn't even cast this pole either.

Fatha let me reel it in. Like I was 7 all over again too. I don't even care because I didn't even have to touch the thing.

{flash back}


Go team orange.

Ok so maybe fall colors are my second favorite thing right now because I am in love with the outdoors. If I didn't have to work and be a sugar-mama {and if I wasn't addicted to technology} I would be a mountain woman. I would even learn how to shoot an elk if I had to, and touch a fish if I had to as long as I could be outside all the time. I would even let my mustache grow out.

1 comment:

Tom and B said...

Dang those Brook Trout had some great color!! I wish Tom was hard core and caught fish with his bare hands! I give Brent some major man points for that one. Why can't we be more like the RushAnders??