11/1/10

I hArt mondays

I love to make my own art.
I don't do enough either. Latley I've been havin this creative itch. I need to creatively explode because I don't get to be absolutely free with creativity at work. {stupid clients}

So I've decided to start a weekly segment on this here bloggeroni where I feature a piece of art I've done. It will be called:

That way I will stay motivated to stay creative and you get to be part of it too! Hooray!

This is the first one I will feature. I did this awhile ago but it's the most recent piece for now. I did two versions. A simple and a more detailed version. Which do you likee? I kinda need your feedback, in fact I demand it. So comment or I will hunt you down and punch you for reading and not commenting. I'm serious. I hit like a man too.


Brentonio and I brainstormed some sick ideas. I'm way pumped to whip them out.
You guys 'i hArt mondays' are going to be wicked awesome. I can't wait to share.

8 comments:

Blake and Kathryn said...

LOVE it!!! You could totally sell that fyi. :o) And how exciting! I hart mondays now too ;o)

Bryan and Brianna said...

Ok, for fear of being punched. ;) My pick would be the first one. I like it more.. But, I've always gravitated towards swirly lettering.. :) But they are both awesome!

Jamie said...

I like the design of the first one better but the color of the second one better. But I guess you could just make either one any color you want huh. Sooo... will any of your featured pieces be for sale?

Liv said...

i'm leaning toward item #2 as my fav. i think i like its simplicity a bit more.

i think you definitely went into the right line of work. both are super awesome!

Anna Miller said...

I think the first one might be more successful it you used the temple for the "ili" instead of the 'm'. It reminds me of this logo http://www.logodesignlove.com/images/simple-logos/families-logo.gif

Jessica said...

Seriously Tess I love them both! I need them! NOW!

The Raleighs said...

Hey Tessa,
This is Celia from Weber University graphic design classes. I know it's been a while, but I like to check out your blog because you are an
awesome designer. I think I like the first one better because the contrast with the sans serif writing with the formal lettering is more complimentary. I also like the soft color you used. I really like the maroon in the second one, I just feel it is too stark next to the white lettering. And I agree with Ana, I like the temple in place as the 'M', but I'd like to see how it works for the 'ili'. But it looks awesome and I'd hang it up in my home. :)

Sarah and Jeremy said...

hmmmmm, i think i like second one, only because it is more concise and simple. when i first read the 1st one i read "falllilies" probably because i'm 'not smart', i've never had 'sex with a woman', i don't get 'how it works', i 'pop my whiteheads with a compass i used in highschool'... no? not funny? anyway, i think you need an etsy page.