You guys!
I am in love with summer. Yes I do love me some snowboarding every year but I honestly can't stop drinking in the outdoors and how b-e-a-utiful it has been!
This weekend was jam packed. (I've never really understood that term because I personally have never packed jam in any of my suit cases....although there was one time I caught Brentonio packing sample jam from a hotel into his suit case.)
So my sister in law was in charge of a military bbq, for the troop her husband is in, and desperately needed arteests to paint faces. Seeing that I usually do it every year at the art festival I was the one she called. No way did I want to do it all by myself so Brea (neighba) and Mallory (Bro in law's Gf) were quite the troopers helping me out. No way am I a pro and the face painting but kids don't really care, I could paint a brown circle, call it a rock and they would love.
You aren't a real woman unless you have a stache. I think we ended up scaring a lot of the little kids. Towards the end we had several requests for mustaches. I had one little girl (maybe 4 or 5) say " I wanna mustache like you". She has no idea how cool I thought she was.
Hiking is the theme for the rest of the summer. We want to get in hiking shape because come September we are throwing on our packs and attempting the Havasui hike. I can't waaait! (read like Tony the Tiger). This trail is up Lil' Cottonwood.
Before we even headed up the trail, I spotted a moose on the side of the road. You guys, Brentonio loves moose and I'm not even talking about the chocolate kind. He gets so excited whenever there is mooses....(moosen? misen?). We may invest in one as pet someday. I have a feeling he's nothing like bullwinkle though.

The next day my Fatha was all hot to trot (I don't know why I keep using old school lingo) to cash in some coupons. He had a trail all picked out and a place he wanted to eat lunch after. I was pretty stoked because I have never been up Neff Canyon before. It was gorgeous and perfect. Market Street Grill was the perfect dessert. I love.

This little guy was a long for the ride most of the time we were hiking. Every time I looked over he was somewhere different on the hat.


hi. i'm a sweaty tessa.
The arts festival. My favorite festival. It's a must go for every summer. This year I even bought a piece. I'm so stoked for it. The artist is doing some customizing for moi and I will be getting it in a couple of weeks. I will post of it's arrival.
Next year you should come to the arts festival and I'll paint a rock on your face.
1 comment:
What I learned while painting faces: 1- Star design is definitely not for wusses. 2- I have a fat face. 3- I could be in the army because I'm butch.
Post a Comment