Ever been to a horse pull?
Me either, until a couple of weeks ago.
These fellas can get up to 9500lbs!
Just look at the sweat dripping from their...harnesses?
{I'm only a pretend cowgirl}
Wally {my brother's girlfriend's Dad, who is a REAL cowboy} told us that towards the end when they are practically pulling elephants, it's all about heart.
These aren't normal horses, you guys.
They had muscles that could eat you. They are similar to those gross she-male body builders that flex and a mustache pops up on their upper lip. The only difference is I actually want to look at these guys, and cheer them on.
{me, Carol, Ethan, Wally. photographer: Brentonio}
No we didn't campout.
Brentonio just wanted to break in his new pack
We ended up 2 waterfalls farther than we expected.
Which was ok until it started to get dark. We kept hitting dead ends, stupid forked trails. We had lost the trail and we were loosing light. So we followed the water and bush whacked our way threw moving bushes.
Luckily we ran into two other lost hikers that had been hiking for 12 hours.
{I couldn't complain after that}
They thought we were a moose tromping around.
Yeah, a crying-talking moose.
We found the trail with our new friends and got home at 11pm.
This is before I sat on a rock and cried out
to Brentonio that we were going to die.
I'm pretty sure that the same amount of sweat came out of me as those horses pulling 9500lbs.
Good thing we wore matching {somewhat} bandannas
or else we would have lost each other too.






1 comment:
You're just so cute! I loved the pic of Ethan...he looks so perky!! :)
Post a Comment