8/4/10

I yell...grunt... like an old man.



Last weekend we camped.


Mill Hollow is where we went.  
We camped out with some of our neighbors, the Shermans and the Sorrells 
{brea has cool pics of the trip too}

Last time I was at Mill Hollow I was 10 or 11 and I was braiding boon-doggle....ya know, Napoleon style.

We could only camp one night because we were scheduled to golf in a family tournament, which was awesome. I'm practically Tiger Woods, minus the infidelity, the black skin, male genitalia, and golf talent. {It' a good thing I look cute in a collared shirt.}



  We ran into some traffic jams on our way there.

Once we found our wicked awesome campsite and set up our tent the lightening cracked and the thunder rolled in. 
{I guess today I'm writing like Garth Brooks sings?}

So the thunder cracked so loud I screamed. Those of you that have had the pleasant opportunity to startle me know that I'm half man and don't really scream. I yell...grunt... like an old man. 

It's not pretty.

I'm sure our friends were more scared of me than the lightening.

We were lucky enough to get our tent up before it did this:





The Shermans did not get there in time.





We had to steer the water away from our orange sleeping chambers.


It only lasted an hour or so. 

Even if it didn't let up it would have been ok because Danielle brought her water shoes. 



So this lady is photographer....never leave your camera alone with her.


I think we will go back here. The view was incredible. Lightening and all.


So...this was our first camping trip of summer. I know. It's august. Better late than never. We have several more planned...at least in our heads. 

We have wicked awesome friends, thanks for camping guys!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

you never know when your going to need water shoes. ;) that was a blast!